DCA's Proud History
The Delaware Contractors Association was created in 1969 with the merger of two of Delaware’s most respected construction trade associations – Allied Industries of Delaware (1932) and the Delaware Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (1934).
DCA is an association composed of general and subcontractors involved in heavy, highway, commercial, industrial and utility construction, as well as suppliers of goods and services to the construction industry. DCA’s membership includes allied and merit shop firms of all sizes with companies spanning multiple generations and those new to the construction community.
DCA is a non-profit organization run by a Board of Directors elected annually by the membership. An Executive Committee and officers are elected from within the Board.
The Delaware Contractors Association is one of 92 active member chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC). The AGC is the leading trade association for the construction industry, representing more than 26,000 firms, including over 6,500 of America’s leading general contractors, and over 9,000 specialty-contracting firms. More than 10,500 service providers and suppliers are also associated with AGC, all through a nationwide network of chapters.
All DCA members are members of AGC and may take advantage of the significant membership benefits provided through this affiliation.
The Delaware Contractors Association is organized to bring a voice of strength and unity to the construction industry in Delaware while holding a steadfast commitment to excellence.